Friday, 18 January 2013

And.....I'm Back!

Okay I'm back. And shit's about to get real. 

Since we last spoke, I went through some life changing, heart breaking things. It made it difficult to focus on my health and all the things I was speaking about. Sometimes it's really hard to take your own advice. Sometimes its really hard to remember what's important and how to live your life again. But, slowly but surely, the sun starts shining, the birds start chirping (well not literally, it's January...seriously), and things start getting a little better and you can start to remember that there is a goal and no one else is going to do it for you so put down the chocolate Santa and get your ass off the couch. 

Prior to starting this adventure, any time I had fallen off the bandwagon, I had this huge sense of guilt, a little bit of self loathing and a big urge for more ice cream. This time was different and that's how I knew it would be better. I have no guilt about taking a hiatus from my journey. I had huge personal obstacles to overcome. That is what needed my attention, and that's what got it. I needed to give myself a little comfort and permission to heal on my own terms and that's what I did. The result? 8 pounds, a new (larger) dress size and a healthy mind. Worth it? Absolutely. 

So here I am. New Year, New Me. I'm a cliche. I'm comfortable with that. 

So, I know you're dying to know how things are going! Well, since January 1, I've lost 6 pounds. That's almost all of my "healing weight". That will be my first milestone. My first gold star. I can't weight...er...wait! 

I was told about a great online tool: www.myfitnesspal.com . It allows you to track all of your food, sets out what your daily caloric intake should be based on age, fitness level and all the science-y stuff. When I first started with it, it felt a lot like weight watchers. Tracking, measuring, counting, I wasn't sold. But, a co-worker had used it and lost 50 pounds in 7 months or something ridiculous like that. He looks amazing, so what the hell. It's not going to hurt anything to just give it a try. 

6 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm sold. I will say, it's not the fastest 6 pounds I've ever lost. Last time I did weight watchers, I did that in a week. This is what is convincing me that I'm now doing something right. Slow and steady, the weight is more likely to stay off and my body will change at a better rate and hopefully I won't have to get anything tucked in at the end of the day! 

So here we are, my fresh start on my fresh start. Leaving the last 6 months behind me and moving forward and into some smaller pants! 



1 comment:

  1. you are my FAVE. and you will rock it, i know you will.

    ReplyDelete